The paths we take to reach our goal will determine our understanding once we are there.

About Me

My photo
In an effort to define myself, I am reminded of something I once read: “Scarcely is anyone the person they were meant to be”. I’ve been many things since the age of seventeen; a soldier, a traveler, a student of trades, a father (to the most unique girl in the world!), and eventually an author. After all these years, I realize that it was never about all the things I could have been, it was what I was always meant to be; a writer. I keep three very close friends. (Who has time for more?) I avidly atv, canoe, read, and ponder on life. I like to be challenged with philosophical questions, even when I do not know the answers. I generally like to think and create. I have a passion for loyalty, and it shows within my living and writings. My life is full of exploration, the next great adventure; a constant always wonder of what could be.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Making Motion Pages

               Chiseling away at the obelisk that is to represent me, I have next endeavored to create a book trailer to attach to my forthcoming app. Indeed; I presently do not have suitable access to early 1900’s footage, which is explicably sparse at best. Nor is the weather conducive to filming a few appropriate scenes. However, I still feel that a modest attempt to add video is better than none.
mashable.com

                Book publishing of today is far more interactive than simply a few years ago. Publishers and authors are adapting to remain relative with every changing media formats.  As comic artist Stephan Pastis stated, “There’s a generation of people that are coming up that just don’t know you’re alive.”  The way to reach that generation is to address them where they are and through their interests. That place is everywhere in a highly imaginative multimedia mobile arena.  A reader wants to be lured long before they've been hooked.
 
                By editing together elements that are within my reach, I am able to create a digital story line. I downloaded stock photos and a public video file from the early 1900’s to render a visual depiction of my novel.  I then uploaded the video to my YouTube account for public viewing. Since my account is also linked to my upcoming app, the book trailer can now easily be accessed and viewed.
                Though personally I find it arduously too social, Facebook’s marketing qualities is without question.  A single post of the book trailer could entice numerous readers. For this reason, it would be advantageous to link the YouTube trailer to sites like Facebook and Twitter; though the app itself will allow all the generated components to be accessed uniformly.

www.createspace.com
       In the midst of a more favorable season I will most likely attempt to film a more precise book trailer. But for now, the video should serve as an adequate trial model. Effectiveness will be determined as the project proceeds.



Horn, Laura Peowski. “Online Marketing Strategies for Reaching Today’s Teens.” Adolescence and               Social Media.  2011. Web. 11 Mar 2014.
Watercutter , Angela. “Publishers Hustle to Make E-Books More Immersive.” Wired. 9 April 2012.   
     Web.12 Mar 2014. <http://npgpr.com/uploads/pdf/pdfmedia_56.pdf>.
World War 1 Artillary. Pond5. Pond 5. n.p. Web. 11 Mar 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment